Spider Man No Way Home 6th highest-grossing film: Marvel’s superhero movie Spider-Man: No Way Home, which was already the largest picture of the pandemic period, has risen even higher on the list of highest-grossing films of all time.
The worldwide film office tsunami that is Spider-Man: No Way Home refuses to be stopped. With $1.69 billion in global box office receipts, the film is now the sixth highest-grossing film of all time.
The Marvel and Sony blockbuster leapfrogged Jurassic World ($1.67 billion) and The Lion King ($1.66 billion) to become the sixth highest-earning film of all time during the weekend. Given that all of the top five films have grossed over two billion dollars, it is doubtful that No Way Home will continue to ascend.
But the fact that Jon Watts’ film has made it thus far is no small achievement. For starters, the picture was not released in China, which is typically one of the most important international markets for all Hollywood films. Then, unlike the other films in the billion-dollar club, No Way Home had to contend with constraints imposed by the Covid-19 outbreak in many regions of the globe.
Even the virus’s resurgence—via the Omicron variant—hasn’t been able to halt the movie. After being momentarily replaced by the horror slasher picture Scream, No Way Home remains the number one film at the American box office in its sixth week.
Despite theatres being blocked in some regions of the nation owing to mounting Omicron cases, the Tom Holland-starrer has done very well in India. It had a lifetime gross of 212 crores (just over $28 million) in India. Only two other films have exceeded the 200 crore mark in India during the epidemic era: Sooryavanshi and Pushpa: The Rise.
- Andrew Garfield Reveals who was aware of his Spider-Man: No Way Home appearance prior to its release
Highest-grossing films of all-time (as per BoxOfficeMojo.com)
1) Avatar (2009) $2.847 billion
2) Avengers: Endgame (2019) $2.797 billion
3) Titanic (1997) $2.187 billion
4) Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) $2.068 billion
5) Avengers: Infinity War (2018) $2.048 billion
6) Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) $1.691 billion (Spider Man No Way Home 6th highest-grossing film)
7) Jurassic World (2015) $1.671 billion
8) The Lion King (2019) $1.656 billion
9) The Avengers (2012) $1.518 billion
10) Furious 7 (2015) $1.516 billion
You might like this one,
Get the latest Hollywood news at Medicotopics
An aspiring medical student from southern India