5 state assembly election in 2022
It has been decided to hold the election in compliance with the corona restrictions. The new procedures will be followed as the election is to be held amidst the corona spread. Their recommendations will be followed up with further consultation with health officials.
Elections are to be held in a total of 690 Assembly constituencies in 5 states. In the states where elections are held, the term of the legislature ends in March and May 2022.
Assembly elections are scheduled for
- 403 constituencies in Uttar Pradesh,
- 117 in Punjab and
- 60 in Manipur
There are 18.34 crore voters in the 5 states where the elections will be held. Decided to increase the number of polling stations in the wake of the corona spread. Arrange for 1250 to 1500 voters per polling station. The number of polling stations is now set to increase by 16% over the last election
There are 8.55 crore female voters in 5 states. This is an arrangement for those over 80 to cast their postal votes.
Arrange to pay postal votes from the home of a corona-infected victim. Adequate voting machines, VPIP machines are ready. All polling stations are arranged to be set up on the ground.
The public can lodge election-related complaints through the cell phone processor in ‘Civil’. Strict measures will be taken to prevent the distribution of cash and gifts to voters.
Everything Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra said
- Priority should be given to those with impairments.
- Candidates’ criminal histories should be made public by law. Political parties must explain why a candidate with a criminal record was chosen.
- Arrangements for webcasting should be made at key booths.
- According to CEC Chandra, the EC would keep track of the candidates’ spending. Candidates in Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand are permitted to spend Rs 40 lakh, while Manipur and Goa are allowed to spend Rs 28 lakh.
- VVPAT to be included in EVMs
- CEC Chandra encourages voters to report model code infractions through the C-vigil app.
- According to CEC Chandra, holding timely elections is critical to ensuring democratic governance.
- All polling booths will be sanitized to the highest standards.
- Until January, there will be no roadshows, rallies, padayatra, bicycle rallies, or automobile rallies permitted.
- It is necessary to have more virtual rallies.
- Door-to-door campaigning is limited to five people.
- Further notice on 5 state assembly election in 2022 will be published on January 14.
- UP election voting will be on in seven phases.
- Manipur will vote in two phases, whereas Goa, Punjab, and Uttarakhand will vote in one.
- Code of conduct will be implemented in these 5 states including Uttar Pradesh today! The election date may be announced
- Chandigarh Mayor Election: Mayor of BJP in Chandigarh, despite being the single largest party, a setback to AAP
Get the latest news on Medico topics
News Analyst and Content manager.