TikTok choking challenge tragedy: How did Milagros Soto die, cause of death explained

Milagros Soto
12-year-old Argentina girl dies from TikTok Challenge

 

A 12-year-old Argentina girl lost her life after taking the terrible “choking challenge” made popular by TikTok. Let’s see, how did Milagros Soto die and her cause of death in detail.

What happened to Milagros Soto?

Milagros Soto, a little girl who participated in the dangerous TikTok challenge sadly passed away.

Milagros Soto, who was 12 years old was set to start high school in 2023, but on Friday, Soto was discovered dead.

Her family claimed that she had been the victim of a challenge from the social network TikTok.

The girl resided in Capitán Bermudez, a town in Santa Fe’s Gran Rosario’s San Lorenzo district. She had visited her father this past weekend.

Her parents had separated so she stays in her father’s house, where she passed away. Legal resources, verified that the girl filmed the challenge video on her mobile phone.

“We are inconsolable because we gave her so much love,” the victim’s aunt Laura Luque told Jam Press of the January 13 incident in Capitán Bermudez, Santa Fe Province.

Her niece, Milagros Soto, was discovered dead in her home after apparently trying the “choking challenge,” one of the tragic TikTok trends.

This terrifying prank, widely known as the “blackout challenge,” encourages Tiktok users to suffocate to the point of unconsciousness.

What is “Chocking” or “blackout challenge”?

TikTok is usually filled with some videos. Although, there are some dangerous TikTok trends. Risky TikTok trends, that are going viral makes the app popular.

The “blackout challenge” is a new trend that added up the List. The “blackout challenge” has been around 2008, but it only recently returned to TikTok in 2021.

It took the lives of nearly 80 kids, according to the CDC. Experts have issued a warning that the peculiar viral trend could be dangerous because it can result in fainting, brain damage, seizures, and other negative effects. It has been discouraged among young users by experts.

The same viral threat is thought to have killed UK teenagers Leon Brown, 14, and Archie Battersbee, 12, over the summer.

How did Milagros Soto die?

According to Jam Press, Milagros Soto attempted the challenge twice with success but failed to free the noose on the third try.

Regarding the deadly incident, which was allegedly caught on camera, Luque regretted that “on the third occasion, she could not take the rope from her neck.”

It is still unknown why Soto attempted the dangerous stunt. However, her aunt claimed that the youngster had received a WhatsApp message with the link to the challenge after becoming bullied at school.

The victim’s aunt, Laura Luque, said: “I believe someone influenced her to do it.” She suffered a lot from Bullying, her relative said. “Many doubts about everything that happened to her” as “she was a very smart girl.”, her aunt added.

Milagros Soto cause of death:

Milagros Soto died by “mechanical asphyxia by hanging“ and they confirmed that ”no signs of abuse or third party interruption, according to the autopsy reports.

Police have launched a probe and are investigating Soto’s death. The summary states that the Police showed up at the residence on Friday at 1:54 p.m. They said the death would have occurred around 1:15 p.m.

Officers took a cell phone from the scene, where they discovered the sequence’s video. They will also examine it to see if any of their classmates may have participated in a video call that originated from there.

Her phone was handed to prosecutor Juan Carlos Ledesma, of the San Lorenzo prosecutor’s office, dependent on the Rosario Regional Prosecutor’s Office 2.

“We support our student’s family in this terrible moment,” said, Gral. Pablo Ricchieri, School 223 Tte’s spokesperson. They described their student as a “great student, friend, sweet, good, and kind.”

The community was heartbroken over little Soto’s loss.

Lawsuit against TikTok:

After watching “blackout challenge” videos on the platform, two Californian girls killed themselves by hanging themselves, prompting wrongful death lawsuits against TikTok.

According to the lawsuit, “TikTok has invested billions of dollars to intentionally design and develop its product to encourage, enable, and push content to teens and children that defendant knows to be problematic and highly detrimental to its minor users’ mental health”

However, there are no answers from TikTok side. TikTok previously denied being to blame for the ongoling problem, claiming that young people’s “choking game” injuries occurred before the blackout challenge.

Users of TikTok are asked to report anyone participating in the challenge by clicking the “Report” icon.

The allegations regarding the “Blackout Challenge” have only been reported in the media thus far because the relatives haven’t provided testimony in court.

“We are anticipating the family’s declaration and determination of whether there is any criminal activity once an event of this scale has occurred.”

KEEP READING,

Who is McClaude Bridges Jr.? Suspect who assaulted Ariana Simms is a 66 year old man

“Juvenile Arrested for Stabbing Teen in Carrigaline Laneway” – What happened? Explained

Follow us on Twitter for more updates.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
close
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x