To begin with, Stanley Hospital is rather ancient, with a nearly 200-year history of servicing the people of Chennai. Every day, patients would flood in from all across Chennai as well as Andhra Pradesh. Your regular Out Patient sessions and clinical posts in wards may easily provide you with the greatest practical information and experience. Stanley is the second most chosen college for NEET applicants after Madras Medical College. Here in the post let’s see what will be the Stanley Medical College NEET cut off in 2021.
Apart from the cutoff calculation, you will understand how seats at Stanley Medical College are allocated across reservations and why people prefer Stanley Medical College to all other medical colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Stanley medical college seat allotment
As we all know there are 250 MBBS seats in Stanley Medical College, is being admitted every year. These seats are further allocated to All India Quota (15%) and Tamil Nadu State Quota (85%). Not like Madras Medical College seat allotment Stanley Medical College has some different reservation.
|S.NO||TYPES OF RESERVATION||NO OF SEATS|
|1||All India Quota 15% reservation||37|
|2||State Quota 85% reservation||General category seats||190|
|7.5% Internal reservation||17|
1. All India Quota reservation
The All India Quota (AIQ), which is managed by MCC counseling, fills 15% of MBBS seats, totaling 37 seats, with seats allotted to each category in the following order,
|S.NO||CATEGORY||NO OF SEATS|
2. State Quota reservation
The remaining 213 (85%) MBBS seats at Stanley Medical College are filled through the State Quota (SQ), which is regulated by the Tamilnadu State Medical Council and is divided into the following categories (2021),
|S.NO||CATEGORY||NO OF SEATS|
3. 7.5% Internal reservation
Governor has authorized a new reservation specifically for Tamilnadu government school students in 2020. 7.5% Internal reservation, is the term for this. This equates to 7.5 percent of the total seats reserved for State Quota in all government and private colleges. The number of seats reserved in Stanley Medical College for each category under the 7.5 percent reservation policy are listed below.
|S.NO||CATEGORY||NO OF SEATS|
4. Special category reservation
Every year, around 7 seats from Stanley Medical College will be allocated to special categories such as the physically handicapped, eminent sportsmen, and children of Ex-serviceman.
Previous year cut off marks for Stanley Medical College
For the years 2018, 2019, and 2020, I will give the cut off marks for both the All India Quota and the State Quota in Stanley Medical College. We may readily access the expected cutoff marks for 2021 using this marks.
1. All India Quota previous year cut off marks
2. State Quota previous year cut off marks
Expected cut off marks for Stanley Medical College
We’ll give you the expected NEET cut off for Stanley Medical College in terms of both the All India Quota (15%) and the State Quota (85%) for the year 2021. We can’t precisely call it a prediction; instead, we can claim that we estimated the NEET cut off for Tamil Nadu in 2021 using statistical approaches that account for every aspect that has a direct influence on the NEET cut off.
You can examine how we came at this calculation, NEET 2021 cut off for Stanley Medical College here, and it will make you wonder how trustworthy it is.- Expected NEET 2021 cut off in Tamilnadu
1. All India Quota expected cut off marks
2. State Quota expected cut off marks
|1||OC||655 ~ 665|
|2||BC||640 ~ 650|
|3||BCM||630 ~ 640|
|4||MBC||625 ~ 635|
|5||SC||600 ~ 610|
|6||SCA||570 ~ 580|
|7||ST||500 ~ 510|
Why Stanley medical college is preferred?
This info down here is from one of my colleagues from Stanley Medical College. He actually provided me with a list of why people are taking SMC and what are the real advantages here. And these are not assumptions, you will get it when you reach there.
- The hospital attends roughly 5000 op patients each day and has a capacity of 2000 beds.
- For a year, the census of STANLEY hospital is equal to Madras Medical College and the number of surgeries was increasing in Stanley.
- Students that attended Stanley were known as Stanleans.
- It contains over 45 departments, some of which are super specialties.
- Particularly The Stanley Surgery is well-known, and it is also well-known for liver transplants and hand replacements.
- If anyone is interested in singing songs, they are welcome to join Resonance.
- Stan bootz is open to anybody who enjoys dancing.
- Then there are some who are concerned about the environment and would want to join Green Hands in planting seedlings.
- Alamadhi, a social service organization, is present. If you want to help society, you can join them.
- Every year, the student council held a sports event called Stanlea.
- Euphoria is a cultural festival.
- Empower is an intellectual festival that takes place every year (notified on the ICMR website).
- Tamil mandram is a traditional festival in Tamil Nadu.
- In addition, The Extrico is an academic festival held in honor of DR.V S.Ramachandran, a well-known neurologist, by second-year seniors and juniors.
- Regarding life – It’s going to be a thrilling ride in terms of life. Chennai is a historic, vibrant, and attractive city. Chennaies are the most hospitable and down-to-earth people in the planet. They extend a warm welcome to everyone. They will never make you feel as though you are a stranger. There will never be a language barrier. It will be a pleasure for people to teach you Tamil. Apart from that, there are several beautiful beaches, ancient temples, retail malls, and other attractions to keep you entertained. A movie at a decent cinema (Sathyam, PVR, Escape) may be seen for a minimal price.
- Hostal life – Hostels in Stanley, in particular, are wonderful and surrounded by greenery. It is suitable for females(Chennai is one of the safest cities in the world). Seniors are given double-seated rooms. The first years share a dormitory with 5–6 members. The food is comparable to that of any other hostel. There are also recreational facilities.
- Faculty – The professors here are fantastic. They are competent, experienced, and eager to educate the young brains. It’s ok if some professors are grouchy. What would your college life be like if there were no such creatures? There should be something to make you chuckle. Both clinical and non-clinical disciplines are taught in a way that inspires aspiring doctors.
- Studies – You are responsible for your studies. Quizzes, symposiums, seminars, and other events are routinely held. It’s entirely up to you whether you want to participate or just watch. Every year, the academic festival Empower is conducted, which includes a variety of workshops.
Our Channel – Medico topics YouTube
An aspiring medical student from southern India