According to a notification sent by MCC on December 10, NEET 2021 counselling for 15% AIQ seats would begin after January 6, 2022. The reason for the delay is a Supreme Court issue involving the granting of 27% reservation for OBC candidates and 10% reservation for EWS applicants in AIQ seats. The case’s hearing has been rescheduled until January 6, 2022. Candidates who meet the NEET 2021 cutoff criterion are eligible to apply for counselling.
- Candidates should be aware that MCC will conduct NEET 2021 counselling for 15% AIQ seats and the relevant state authorities will conduct it for the remaining 85% state quota seats.
- To give admission to MBBS and BDS programs, three rounds of counselling, including the Mop-Up round, are usually done. OCI applicants can now apply for Open Category seats alongside Indian nationals starting this year. Previously, OCI applicants can only request NRI seats or quotas
|Registration for NEET 2021 counselling||Registration for NEET 2021 counselling|
|NEET 2021 counselling choice filling starts||NEET 2021 counselling choice filling starts|
|NEET 2021 counselling choice filling ends||NEET 2021 counselling choice filling ends|
|Last date for payment of the NEET 2021 registration fee||Last date for payment of the NEET 2021 registration fee|
|NEET 2021 counselling choice Locking Start||NEET 2021 counselling choice Locking Start|
|Processing of Seat allotment list||Processing of Seat allotment list|
|NEET 2021 counselling result||NEET 2021 counselling result|
|Reporting to the allocated institute||Reporting to the allocated institute|
Eligibility Criteria for NEET Counselling 2021
Candidates who pass the NEET 2021 exam are eligible for counselling.
- Candidates who score in the top half of the NEET test (40th percentile for SC/ ST/ OBC and 45th percentile for general-physically challenged) are considered qualified.
- In addition, the ministry publishes a list of qualifying applicants under the All India Quota but excludes candidates from Jammu and Kashmir from participating in the 15% AIQ Counseling.
- To be eligible for the counselling procedure, candidates must first register on the MCC website.
Eligibility Criteria for Central University
- Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): We are all aware that 15% of Seats will be allocated to AIQ. Only students who completed their 11th and 12th grades in Delhi would be eligible for the 85 percent institutional quota seats.
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU): The university will offer 50% institutional reservation to students who have studied in their school in the last three years and 50% to other candidates who have passed the NEET exam.
- BHU: After passing NEET, all applicants are entitled to apply for admission to BHU.
- Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: For pupils who have completed class 10 or 12 at their school, there will be an internal quota of three seats in BDS. The remaining 47 BDS seats will be available to the general public.
Eligibility Criteria for OCI Candidates
- On September 29, 2021, the Supreme Court issued a ruling allowing OCI applicants to participate in the counselling procedure.
- OCI candidates can apply for Open Category seats at the same time as Indian nationals starting this year.
- Previously, OCI applicants applied for the counselling procedure under the NRI seat/quota category, which has a relatively small pool of seats, hence petitions have urged the court to let them apply under the Open Category.
Changes in Number of Colleges and Seats
- The number of medical institutions engaging in AIQ counselling has grown this year. Candidates will benefit from the growth in the number of colleges and seats.
- There will be 235 medical colleges under AIQ counselling this year comparing with the last year medical colleges total of 193.
- The number of seats has grown to 4591 from 4064 as a result of the increasing number of colleges.
- Furthermore, whereas Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and ESIC College counselling was formerly handled by the IPU administration, this year’s procedure will be handled by 85% Seat Counseling.
Documents Required for NEET 2021 Counselling
During NEET Counseling, the following documents will be needed. To participate in the counselling process, candidates must provide original documents as well as verified copies of the following documents:
- Class X Certificate and Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate and Marksheet
- 8 passport-sized photos
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Result/Rank Letter (Same as the one affixed on the application form)
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card/PAN card/Passport/Driving License)
- NEET Seat Allotment letter
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
NEET Counselling 2021: For 85 % of State Quota Seats
- Candidates may apply to their domicile states for State quota and other seats that come under the scope of States, and a merit list will be generated by the respective Counselling Authorities.
- Counselling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the same authorities.
- Candidates must register on the websites of their respective states in order to participate in this counselling.
- Counseling will be done according to the candidate’s position on the state merit list.
- In J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana, admission to institutions would be exclusively based on state counselling.
NEET Counselling 2021: For 15% All India Quota
- Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) is in charge of counselling for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
- This AIQ counselling will be available to all deemed, central, and state colleges.
- This counselling will also fill seats at ESIC, AFMC, BHU and AMU.
- According to the orders of the DGHS, candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats, and seats remaining empty after two rounds of counselling would be modified in a mop-up round.
- Candidates who engage in All India Counseling are also eligible to participate in State Counseling in their home states.
Procedure for NEET Counselling 2021
Candidates can review the NEET 2021 counselling protocol –
Step I: Registration for Counselling
MCI holds two rounds of counselling to fill the 15% All India Quota Seats, followed by a mop-up round. The following are the stages involved in NEET Counseling Registration:
Stage 1: Go to MCC’s official website and select ‘New Registration.’
Stage 2: Go to the MCC website and select “Candidate login.”
Stage 3: Fill in your Roll Number and Password.
Stage 4: You will be taken to a new page where you must fill out information such as your name, roll number, registration number, mother’s name, contact number, and so on. Click ‘Submit’ when you’re finished.
Stage 5: You will then be presented with all of your information from the NTA database. After you’ve double-checked the information, click ‘Confirm Registration.’ There will be a Registration Slip created. Candidates should bookmark this page.
Step 2: Paying the NEET Counselling Fee
After completing the registration process, candidates must pay the NEET 2021 counselling cost, which is both refundable and non-refundable. The cost can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking account. The NEET counselling fee for 2021 is given in the table below.
|Non-Refundable Registration Fee||Refundable Tuition Fee|
|–||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 5,000||INR 10,000||INR 2,00,000|
|INR 500||INR 5,000||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
Step 3: Choice Locking Phase
- Choice locking facility is accessible for a particular amount of time.
- Candidates must give their choices in this phase. Because admission is provided on the basis of merit, i.e. NEET score and preferences presented during the counselling process, you should fill out the selections with your scores in mind.
- You may go through the list of colleges on the screen and select as many as you wish.
- Candidates can rearrange the selections in the list in the order of their desire by moving them up or down, swapping choices, and removing options after they have completed the list.
- After that, enter your password and choose ‘Lock Choices.’
- Candidates are not permitted to make any modifications to their choices after they have been locked, so choose carefully.
- They can take a printout of the locked options once they’ve been locked, which will contain the locking date and time, the computer’s IP address, and a system-generated unique number.
Step 4: Seat Allotment Results Are Released
After each round of counselling, MCC publishes the seat allotment results. It is distributed in the form of a list, with the selected applicants receiving a seat allotment letter. To complete the admission procedure, candidates must go to the allotted colleges with the allocation letter and other papers.
NEET Counselling 2021 Seat Matrix
|All India Quota Medical Seats||Click Here|
|All India Quota Dental Seats||Click Here|
|Central Universities Medical Seats||Click Here|
|Central Universities Dental Seats||Click Here|
|Deemed Universities Medical Seats||Click Here|
|Deemed Universities Dental Seats||Click Here|
|ESIC Medical Seats||Click Here|
|ESIC Dental seats||Click Here|
NEET Counselling 2021 Reservation Criteria
Seats will be reserved for GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD applicants based on the reservation criteria. The following table shows the percentage of seats reserved for various categories.
|General Economically Weaker Section (GEN – EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Here, I create videos on Medicine, College students, Lifestyle, and Entrepreneurship, all of which are based on my personal experiences and studies.
Connect us & Be safe
An aspiring medical student from southern India