What happened to Marquez Parker? dies in police custody after being arrested for kidnapping his girlfriend

Marquez Parker, a suspect accused of kidnapping his girlfriend in Washington, D.C., at gunpoint, passed away while in police custody in a district holding cell hours after being arrested. Let’s see What happened to Marquez Parker in detail.


What happened to Marquez Parker?

A few hours after being detained by police in a District holding cell, Marquez Parker, who was accused of kidnapping his girlfriend in D.C. at gunpoint, passed away.

Around 10:30 on Thursday morning, officers checked on a suspect who was being held at the MPD’s Second District police station in Northwest, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

The cops conducting the check found a man who was unconscious and not breathing. According to the police, the cops attempted to save the man by using a defibrillator, administering Narcan, starting CPR, and calling emergency paramedics right away.

The man was declared dead at the scene by D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical personnel despite their best attempts. The man was later identified as 44-year-old Marquez Parker from Northwest, Washington, D.C.


Kidnapping Case:

Just over three hours before he passed away on Thursday, at 6:45 a.m., Parker was taken into custody on suspicion of kidnapping his girlfriend in July 2022.

Marquez Parker, of Northwest Washington, was wanted after, according to the Metropolitan Police Department, in connection with an early-morning Wednesday armed kidnapping. According to the police, officers responded to a complaint of a male who had allegedly pushed his girlfriend into a car in the 2900 block of Van Ness Street, NW, around 3:40 a.m.

Police reported that outside their home on the northwest side of town, Parker allegedly pushed the woman into a car against her will. The victim’s family and friends called them when they saw Parker reportedly waving a gun at her in a live Instagram video. Later, Police reported that Selita Lee, the girlfriend, was discovered safe as of Wednesday afternoon. Selita is 30 years old. The police stated that they were unable to provide any further information regarding her capture and location.

In that case, Parker was accused of engaging in armed kidnappings with a firearm.

A document describing MPD normal operating procedures states that searches for illegal substances and weapons take place at holding facilities. A watch commander must provide the go-ahead for any deeper searches of someone who is under arrest.

David Kaplan of FOX 5 spoke about Parker’s passing with the D.C. Justice Lab’s director of government and external affairs. The D.C. Justice Lab is a group dedicated to enhancing security and openness within the D.C. Department of Corrections. Although the death occurred before a transfer to jail, Emily Cassometus claims that it relates to more important issues.

Cassometus tells FOX 5,

“We need to come up with a way to make sure that people aren’t dying in custody and in order to solve problems like that, you have to know there is a problem and understand what happened.”

Parker’s death is being looked into by MPD, according to the internal affairs division.



Missing: Christopher found dead near Eastwick Road, What happened to the 62 year-old Puckeridge man?

Missing: What happened to Chloe and Ruby Pinkney-cook? Know everything about the 13 year and 11 year-old Harwich sisters

Follow us on Twitter for more updates.

Leave a Comment