How did Edward B. Garone die? Derry police chief cause of death Explained


How did Edward B. Garone die? Derry police chief cause of death Explained

Police Chief Edward Garone died: Edward B. Garone, a longtime police chief in Derry, passes away after a 58-year career. Let’s look at how he died and Derry police chief cause of death in detail

How did Edward B. Garone die?

Police Chief Edward Garone, who recently resigned, passed away on Tuesday, according to a statement from authorities.

For 50 years, Garone oversaw the police in Derry. After taking over on September 30, Chief George Feole stated that Garone passed away after a protracted illness. Blanche, his wife, and several members of his family were by his side.

Garone previously served for Lebanon, New Hampshire, Police Department before becoming the chief of police in Derry. He started there on October 15, 1964.

Vicky Moran, his daughter, and Michael Garone, his son, are Garone’s two surviving children.

Before Garone’s retirement last month, hundreds of family members and neighbors gathered to honor his accomplishments. At age 29, he started working in Derry.

“He has changed the Derry Police Department into the professional agency it is today over his 50-year stint as chief of police,” Feole added. It now has 59 full-time officers, 15 civilians, and four part-time employees, up from 20 full-time police officers and seven specials when it first started.

“A milestone we have never seen reached before and probably won’t see accomplished again,” he said of Garone’s five decades of leadership. The Edward B. Garone Building was given to the police station in his honor in June.

Once the funeral plans are complete, it is anticipated that they will be made public.

The Derry Police Department is paying tribute to its longtime chief.

Garone first started as a police officer back in 1964 at the Lebanon Police Department.

“I was honored to commemorate Chief Garone’s 50 years as Derry’s Police Chief celebrating his lifelong career of community service,” Senate President Chuck Morse said. “We are saddened by this loss but take comfort in knowing Chief Garone’s legacy will undoubtedly be remembered through his lasting contributions and sacrifice to the town of Derry.”

Then in 1972, he became chief of police in Derry where he served until he retired a week and a half ago.

Derry police chief cause of death

In the presence of his loved ones, Edward passed away after suffering from his protracted sickness. Thus, a long-term sickness was revealed as the cause of death for the Derry police chief.

Medico topics have been trying to reach out to the family and relatives for comment on the incident. So far no responses have been received. We will update the page once enough information is available. More information on the Derry police chief cause of death will be added soon.

Chief Edward B. Garone 50 years journey

It is commendable to have served on the police force for 50 years. Even more impressive is serving as the department head for fifty years. Chief Edward B. Garone will celebrate his 50th year with the New Hampshire Town of Derry Police Department on June 1, 2022.

“To say his life has been dedicated to the service of others would be a tremendous understatement.”
—Chief Patrick Sullivan of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police.

One would question how a leader could hold on to a position for so long in an era where things are continuously changing.

However, it is not so difficult to appreciate Chief Garone’s lengthy stay when considering his ultimate purpose of being fair and equitable—and thinking about how he would like to be handled in situations, whether meeting with a suspect or victim or handling a labor issue.

Early Years of Cheif Garone

Chief Garone, a native of Vermont, enlisted in the US Marine Corps in August 1961. He served a 16-month deployment in Iwakuni, Japan, following boot camp at Parris Island in South Carolina. He went back to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina after that deployment. On August 31, 1964, his three-year term of service concluded.

Chief Garone desired to continue serving the public when his active duty in the Marine Corps ended. On October 15, 1964, he went back to his wife’s house and was sworn in as a police officer. Garone attained the rank of captain while serving with Lebanon, New Hampshire, police force. But after seven and a half years, he began to look for more significant leadership roles.

Chief of Police

Chief Garone assumed the position of chief of police for the Derry Police Department on June 1, 1972. He wasn’t even 30. He has changed the Derry Police Department into the organization it is now since his appointment.

It now has 59 full-time officers, 15 civilians, and 4 part-time employees, up from 20 full-time officers and 7 specialists when it first started. He has been instrumental in making sure the department gets the most recent and efficient tools, technology, and instruction.

The Pamela Smart case, which made national headlines in 1990, was the most notable criminal investigation that the chief oversaw.

Pamela Smart was a former high school media coordinator when she started dating William “Billy” Flynn, then 15 years old.

Gregory Smart was shot in the head on May 1 when Flynn broke into Gregory and Pamela Smart’s house.

Despite her denials, Smart was found guilty of participating in first-degree murder and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

The Southern New Hampshire Special Operations Force, the state of New Hampshire’s first regional special operations unit, was founded in large part thanks to him. The squad was established to train officers from neighborhood police agencies to manage high-risk situations, such as active shooter situations and besieged people.

Also, 13 departments in southern New Hampshire are now served by the organization, up from six local departments when it first started. Since the organization’s founding in 2000, he has presided over the board of directors for this division.

Since being promoted to chief, Chief Garone has actively participated in the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police (NHACOP). Through the chairs, he rose to become president in 1981.

He took up the position of secretary in 1990 after completing his presidential term, and he has held it ever since. Chief Garone received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the NHACOP in 2008.

For his extraordinary dedication and commitment to New Hampshire law enforcement over 50 years, he also won the New Hampshire Congressional Law Enforcement Award for Career Service in 2015. He presently sits on the New England State Police Information Network’s board of directors. Chief Garone credits the team members he has worked with over the years and the agency’s shared commitment to putting service before self for his success.


Blink 182 tickets UK – Where to buy, Tour dates for 2022-23

How did the 14 year old girl die from crash in Barron Country? What happened? Explained

Follow us on Twitter to get the latest news notifications.

Leave a Comment