The seven things more vital than love in a relationship, according to a therapist; Jeff Guenther believes the emphasis should be on support. Let’s see 7 things by therapist Jeff Guenther.
What did the therapist reveal?
A therapist has revealed the seven things that are more vital in a relationship than love.
According to Jeff Guenther, the emphasis should be on support, respect, and understanding.
The seven questions that people should ask themselves about their partner were shared.
The bite-size advice was well received by viewers, who stated that they wished they had known it sooner.
7 things by therapist Jeff Guenther
A genuine sense of love and affection is an essential component of any healthy long-term relationship.
However, contrary to popular belief, one expert believes that it is not the most crucial factor.
The guru, who has a 2 million-strong following thanks to his bite-sized relationship and mental health advice, revealed four questions everyone should ask themselves:
- How are they treating you? Are they kind, polite, lovely, and caring, or are they bullies who mock you?
- Do you feel safe and confident enough to be your true self, or do you merely share parts of yourself and keep others hidden? What are you thinking?
- Are your hopes, dreams, and future objectives being supported? Because this is an important aspect of a healthy relationship.
- Do you have the impression that your emotional needs are being met? Do you feel seen, heard, and supported? Or are you stalling because they don’t know how to show up for you?
- Are you able to say ‘no’ and set limits without feeling guilty or selfish?
- Do you ever feel coerced or forced to do something you don’t want to do? Even in a romantic relationship, enthusiastic consent is essential.
- Are you able to heal, reconcile, and feel resolved after an argument, or are you left feeling emotionally battered and exhausted?
What is love and affection according to Jeff?
Jeff Guenther, a therapist from Portland, Oregon, argues in a new TikTok video that there are seven other critical characteristics that are more important to the fabric of a successful relationship, such as feeling supported in your dreams and being able to set appropriate boundaries.
A genuine sense of love and affection is an essential component of any healthy long-term relationship. However, a therapist insists that it is not the most significant factor.
‘I love that you like your babe, and I’m sure they like you, but reciprocal like, or love, will only get you so far,’ he explained.
What did Jeff explain in the Tik Tok video?
In a new TikTok video, Jeff Guenther, pictured, explains that there are seven other critical qualities that are more important to the fabric of a successful relationship, such as feeling supported in your dreams and being able to set appropriate boundaries.
What public reaction to Jeff’s advice?
The advice was well received by viewers, with many saying they wished they had known about these underlying issues before getting married.
Jeff frequently publishes checklists for viewers to use in order to assess the health of their relationships.
The advice was positively received by viewers, with many saying it could be applied to friendships as well as romantic relationships.
He posted the 12 questions all couples should be able to answer about each other six months into a relationship in a post last year.
Knowing how your spouse defines success and how their family has influenced their development, he says, are “essential basics to build on.”
Other questions concern what makes your partner feel better when they are upset or worried, as well as what ‘lights them up within.’
On the social networking platform, the video received over 1.3 million likes.
What are the 12 questions according to a relationship?
The 12 questions you should be able to answer about your relationship have been revealed.
Portland, Oregon therapist Jeff Guenther LPC presented these 12 questions that everyone should ask and answer after six months together. He claimed you’re doing ‘excellent’ if you can answer nine out of twelve questions correctly.
1. Why do they laugh or cry?
2. What are their interests?
3. How did their family influence their development?
4. What irritates them?
5. Do they have any spiritual beliefs, and if so, how do these influence their life choices?
6. What are their defining moments?
7. What matters the most to them?
8. What do they consider to be success?
9. What type of help do they require when they are worried or sad?
10. What do they most admire about themselves?
11. What can instantly energise them on the inside?
12. How do they replenish their emotional reserves?
Peoples reaction to 7 things of relationship by jeff
‘Fights with my ex made me feel hopeless, depleted, and like I had to forsake my needs to soothe someone else,’ one person wrote.
‘This is the first relationship where I’ve been able to say “yes” to these questions,’ said another.
‘I am shocked by the way this made me feel about my relationship,’ said a third one.
Follow us on Twitter to get instant notifications on the latest news.
News content writer.