An Arkansas teenager died in Sequoyah County according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Let’s see more details about the crash and what happened to the teenager.
What happened to Arkansas teenagers?
|According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, an Arkansas teenager was killed this week after colliding with a bridge in Sequoyah County.
On Wednesday, officers responded to a collision on OK-101 close to Muldrow. Shilah Carrillo, 18, of Fort Smith, Arkansas, was the driver when first responders arrived on the site. She was found dead from her wounds, according to troopers.
Shilah Carrillo, 18, of Fort Smith, Arkansas, was the driver when first responders arrived on the site. According to troopers, Carillo’s car veered off the road for an unexplained cause, struck a bridge, and then rolled once and a half onto its top.
Investigation on Process
- The initial Level of Investigation has begun. The tragic incident happened in Sequoyah County according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
- OHP said 18-year-old Shilah Carrillo died Wednesday, Jan. 18 after the car she was driving went off the road 11 miles north of Muldrow. Carrillo was pronounced dead at the scene.
- The cause of the crash remains under investigation. A Fort Smith teen is dead after an accident in Sequoyah County.
An Arkansas teenager died after striking a bridge in Sequoyah County this week, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. https://t.co/bpstEt7XgU
— FOX23 (@FOX23) January 22, 2023
Causes of Road Accidents
- Over Speeding.
- Drunken Driving.
- Distractions to Driver.
- Red Light Jumping.
- Avoiding Safety Gear like Seat belts and Helmets.
- Non-adherence to lane driving and overtaking in a wrong manner.
When an accident happens in Sequoyah County, it is important to do the following immediately:
- Remain at the crash scene;
- Check on the condition of all people involved in the crash;
- Call the police;
- Exchange information with other drivers;
- Get contact information from witnesses;
- Inform your insurance company;
- Get appropriate medical treatment, and track the details;
- Take photos of vehicle damage and injuries;
- Consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
Recent Accidents in Sequoyah County
Accidents in Sequoyah County are a major cause of property damage, injury, and death each year.
In Sequoyah County, statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(link is external) show that traffic crashes remain a primary public safety issue. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all common occurrences, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle, and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs.
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Oklahoma Department of Transportation posted some safety information about safety instructions for drivers who are passing through the Lane. Everyone should carefully follow the rules and regulations. It is a safe way to avoid collisions.
SEQUOYAH CO: All lanes of westbound I-40 are closed at SH-82 (mm 297) near Vian in Sequoyah County due to a crash. Drivers can detour using northbound SH-82 to westbound US-64 to southbound SH-10.
Key practices for safe winter driving: -Drive slowly. Snow and ice make streets slick at higher speeds -Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Apply the gas slowly to regain traction and avoid skids -Give an extra following distance of 5-6 car lengths for stopping.
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.