- A total of 24 Government medical colleges and ESIC, Chennai from Tamilnadu are participating All India Quota counselling this year.
- All India Quota cut off for Tamilnadu participating medical colleges may increase upto 30 to 35 marks this year.
All India Quota NEET
All India Quota counselling is conducted by MCC all the year, giving a chance to the NEET aspirants from any where in India or out side country to get a seat in all Government Medical College in India. Tamilnadu gives a certain amount of contribution in this.
Every All India Quota reserves 15% seats from all Government Medical Colleges in India. There are Two rounds of seat distribution takes place.
All India Quota seats and procedure in 2019
As for considering 2019,
- Total seats allotted under All India Quota Counselling : 4906
- All the 4906 seats are allocated in Round I of AIQ counselling
- Vacancies made for Round II
- Vacancies as candidates did not join in Round I
- Candidates joined, but left before the start of Round II
- New seats added for Round II
- Total seats available for Round II of AIQ counselling : 4046
- All the 4046 seats are allocated in Round II of AIQ counselling
- Vacancies made for surrendering to states
- Vacancies as candidates did not join in Round II
- Candidates joined in Round I, but left before deadline
- Total seats available for surrendering to states : 1884
All India Quota surrendered seats to each states in 2019
Vacancies not filled after the 2nd round of counseling will be returned to the respective states. Last year totally 1884 seats were surrendered to respective states.
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||8||–|
|7||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||2||–|
All India Quota Reservation in Tamilnadu
There are a total of four category reservations in All India Quota Counselling:
24 Government Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu and ESIC Chennai are participating in All India Quota Counselling.
All colleges have General, SC, ST category reservations. However, OBC reservation is reserved only for ESIC Chennai and ESIC Coimbatore.
|Category||Number of MBBS seats from Tamilnadu|
|General – PwD||19|
|SC – PwD||5|
|ST – PwD||2|
All India Quota cut off 2019 in Tamilnadu
Total no. of seats from Tamil Nadu available for All India Quota in 2019 : 539 seats
Total no. of seats surrendered to Tamilnadu after Round II : 162 seats
|Category||All India Rank||NEET Cut off 2019|
|General / OBC||12618||582|
|SC – PwD||842021||110|
All India Quota cut off 2020 in Tamilnadu
Total no. of seats from Tamilnadu available for All India Quota in 2020 : 539 seats
Another important thing that NEET aspirants in Tamilnadu need to realize is that all the 11 new government medical colleges in Tamilnadu should participate in at least the second round of All India Quota Counselling.
Only then will those 11 government medical colleges which we all wanted, participate in the State Quota Counselling this year.
|Category||Expected All India Rank||NEET Expected Cut off 2020|
|General / OBC||12600||618|
|SC – PwD||840000||120|
News Analyst and Content manager.