- Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counselling 2020 will be conducted after the judgement for the government school students reservation case in Madurai High court.
- 85% of seats in Tamil Nadu medical colleges are filled by state quota counselling. As soon as the merit list releases, Phase 1 counselling will be conducted.
Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counselling 2020
1. State Government Quota counselling 2020
- 85% seats from all government medical colleges are filled under this process remaining are reserved for 15% All India Quota. A total of 3,060, 85% government college seats are going to be filled up here
- 40% seats from all private medical colleges are reserved under Government quota. These seats also filled under State Government Quota counselling. A total of 780, 40% private college seats are going to be filled up here
2. State Management Quota counselling 2020
- Remaining 60% seats are filled by State Management Quota counselling process. A total of 1,170, 60% private college seats are going to be filled up here.
Applying for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counselling 2020
- Offline process : After DME announcement for medical counselling application, you can go to your nearest Government medical college. There they will provide you with a counselling form along with counselling prospectus. To get a application you need to provide a DD worth of Rs. 500. All the Demand Drafts should be drawn in favor of
- Online process : Or you can choose the online process. For this You need to fill the application form online in TN Medical Selection official website. Then you can take print out of it. The filled up application along with a DD of Rs. 500 should be sent to DME before the due date.
Tamil Nadu medical counselling application form 2020
This counselling is going to be conducted by Directorate Medical Council (DME) of Tamil Nadu. After NEET results announcement by National Testing Agency, within a week DME will announce the Tamil Nadu State Quota counselling for MBBS/ BDS admission 2020.
Sample Application Click here – Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counselling application form 2020
However, the counselling process has been suspended in Tamil Nadu due to the pending medical college reservation case for government school students at the Madurai branch of the Chennai High Court.
However it is hoped that the schedule for the medical counselling 2020 will be announced within a week.
Categories of seats in Tamil Nadu medical counselling 2020
- Tamil Nadu Government Medical College seats – 3,060 seats,
- Government Quota Seats in Self Financing private Medical Colleges – 1,170 seats,
- Tamil Nadu Government Dental College seats – 85 seats,
- Government Quota Seats in Self Financing private Dental Colleges – 2635 seats,
- Rajah Muthiah Medical College seats (under Annamalai University) – 127 seats,
- I.R.T Medical College seats – 85 seats,
- ESIC Medical College seats – 85 seats,
- PGIMSR seats – 85 seats.
Eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu medical counselling 2020
- Citizen of India – Reserved for all category
- If Overseas citizen of India then no reservation (OC)
- Age limit – 17 years before 31st December of that year
- Must be qualified in NEET 2020
- Native of Tamil Nadu
- If the students pursued 6th to 12th in other states then their parents certificates must
Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS merit list 2020
The merit list for Tamil Nadu MBBS /BDS counselling will be uploaded on the official website within 15 to 20 days from the last day to apply for counselling. Applications not on the Merit List will be deemed rejected by the DME.
Sample Merit list Click here – Tamil Nadu rank link for MBBS/BDS 2020 admission
A separate merit list will be released for students who have applied separately for Government Quota and Management Quota.
After that call letter will be sent to the applicants in the order of rank list and Phase 1 counselling will be conducted.
Documents required for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counseling 2020
- NEET hall ticket
- NEET score card
- SSLC/ Xth standard mark sheet
- HSC or equivalent mark sheet
- Counselling call letter
- Bonafide certificate for having studied in Tamil Nadu from VI to XII std
- TC from the school past studied or Bonafide certificate from the college
- Native certificate of the candidate who are native of Tamil Nadu but have studied from std VI to XII outside Tamil Nadu
- Aadhar card
- Community certificate
- First graduation certificate (If applicable)
- Ration card / Passport / Birth certificate
- Eligibility certificate (only for CBSE)
- Two demand drafts (DD)
Parent certificates to substantiate native of Tamil Nadu
- Birth certificate
- Studied certificates
- SSLC/10th certificate or
- HSC/12th certificate or
- Degree/ Diploma/ Professional course certificate
- Native certificate
- Community certificate
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate (If applicable)
Originally post Click here – Documents required for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS counselling 2020
An aspiring medical student from southern India