How did Missouri police officer Mason Griffith die? Suspect Kenneth Lee Simpson is on the lookout


 How did Missouri police officer Mason Griffith die? Suspect Kenneth Lee Simpson is on the lookout

Two Hermann Missouri Police Department officers have been shot: After being shot in Missouri, one officer died and another is in critical condition; a shooter is being sought. Let’s see who is the Suspect Kenneth Lee Simpson and what happened to the police officers in detail.

What happened to the police officer?

Authorities in Missouri were looking for a man on Monday who was wanted about a shooting that left one police officer dead and another wounded late on Sunday night.

The Missouri Highway Patrol said early on Monday that Hermann Police Department Detective Sgt. Mason Griffith passed away from his wounds at a hospital after being shot at a convenience store in the small town just before 9:30 p.m.

Hermann is a city located south of the Missouri River and roughly 80 miles west of St. Louis, close to the Missouri Rhineland’s geographic core. According to troopers, the second officer who was shot and is still in the hospital is in critical condition.

Who is the suspect?

The patrol named the suspect as Kenneth Lee Simpson, 35, of Eureka, in a “Blue Alert” that is sent out whenever an officer is killed or critically hurt. The County of St. Louis includes the city. Simpson, 35, is described as a white male with red hair and hazel eyes who weighs 180 pounds and stands 5 feet 10 inches tall.

According to the highway patrol, he is thought to have shot the two officers at Casey’s shop on 811 Market Street in Hermann before running away. After the incident, Detective Sergeant Mason Griffith passed away from his wounds. Three hours east of Kansas City is Hermann.

As a safety measure, the Gasconade County R-1 School District will be closed on Monday. Simpson is seen as violent and armed. Anybody with information about his whereabouts is urged to dial 911.

On Monday morning, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson expressed condolences for the officers and their families.

“Hermann Police Department Detective Sergeant Mason Griffith will never be forgotten, and Missouri will always be grateful,” Parson tweeted. “Teresa and I are praying for Mason’s family, friends, and fellow law enforcement officers.”

Early on Monday, Missouri Highway Patrol Cpl. Kyle Green informed the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch that there had been no new information regarding the shooter.

Ongoing Investigation

Officials have not disclosed information about what caused the incident or whether the police fired back. According to the source, a manhunt for the perpetrator was concentrated near a residence in Hermann along Highway 19 about three hours after the shooting.

This was close to the business where the shooting took place. Police requested spotlights so they could see between two houses.

Police surrounded the house and shouted at the shooter to come outside, creating what was essentially a standoff situation.

This is an ongoing investigation case, check back later for updates on this case.


Singer Boy George’s mother dies, Dinah O’Dowd Cause of death and Obituary

Jamie Moreno found dead in Cardiff after went missing in march 2020

Follow us on Twitter for more updates.

Leave a Comment