Jason David Frank is renowned for his role as Tommy Oliver in the long-running family television show Power Rangers and he was the childhood hero for most people. Certainly, David Frank(who played the green ranger in the power rangers has passed today according to multiple co-stars of the power rangers franchise. Let’s see how he died and Jason David Frank cause of death in detail.
What happened to Jason David Frank?
Jason David Frank’s Representative confirmed his death,
A spokesperson for Power Rangers star Jason David Frank has confirmed that the actor passed unexpectedly early on Sunday morning, following a flurry of online speculations.
One of Jason’s representatives indicated that the rumors of his death were “regrettably true” despite the fact that Jason’s family has not yet expressed their sorrow.
Particularly two blogs cautioned readers that it was possible the actor had passed away before they heard from Jason’s agency.
Jason David Frank’s trainer has confirmed on Facebook that he has passed away. RIP JDF.
The statement reads,
RIP my brother from another mother Jason David Frank I’m still in shock I’m feeling terrible he called and left me a message and I took too long Jason was a good friend to me and I will miss him.
Love n prayers for his wife Tammy and their kids, I pray that God gets yall through this difficult time.
Additionally, Jason’s production team confirms his passing on Twitter in a statement. The statement reads,
Jason David Frank Update as of 12:38 11/20/22 PST. I am sorry to say this, but this confirms it in my personal opinion… This was posted just now from the production studio used for his LOTWD project… this is a verified account personally connected to him #RIPJDF
Jason David Frank Update as of 12:38 11/20/22 PST
I am terribly sorry to say this, but this confirms it in my personal opinion…
— StonerDOGE404 (PPUG #141) (@Artmancer404) November 20, 2022
Jason David Frank cause of death
There is a story going around on social media that the Green Ranger, Jason David Frank, hanged himself. However, Jason David Frank’s cause of death was not known yet. His cause of death is still unknown officially, as of this writing.
Also, Frank’s cause of death has been confirmed by the following statements,
Jason David Frank has reportedly died by s*icide according to close sources. Someone I know and trust confirmed this news unfortunately.
Jason David Frank was most known as the original WHITE/GREEN Ranger from the hit 90’s Show “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”. He was currently going through a DIVORCE. If anyone you know may be depressed please check on them. It’s better safe than sorry. Jason David Frank was 49 years old. #RIP#JasonDavidFrank#JDF
To everyone wondering why Jason David Frank would commit suicide, not only has he been going through a terrible divorce, he recently lost his step-daughter Shayla to suicide last year. I was a friend of hers in Summerwood, really cool girl. RIP to both. She was a great sensei too
To everyone wondering why Jason David Frank would commit suicide, not only has he been going through a terrible divorce, he recently lost his step-daughter Shayla to suicide last year. I was a friend of hers in Summerwood, really cool girl. RIP to both. She was a great sensei too pic.twitter.com/t9mREeXPrE
— Loser Down Here (@LoserDownHere) November 20, 2022
Jason David Frank: Biography
- Jason David Frank is an American actor and professional mixed martial artist.
- Parents Janice Frank and Ray Frank welcomed Jason David Frank into the world on September 4, 1973, in Covina, California, the United States.
- His mother Janice was of Greek and Polish ancestry.
- Eric Frank, his older brother, passed away in 2001. At a young age, he became interested in martial arts.
Frank’s Acting career
- Tommy Oliver, a character played by Jason David Frank, made his television debut in 1993’s “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.”
- The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie was his next film appearance.
- He performed “Power Rangers Zeo” in 1996. He appeared in “Family Matters” and “Sweet Valley High” in the same year.
- The actor appeared in “Power Rangers Turbo” a year later. Following this, he portrayed Carl in the television series “Undressed.”
- Frank has also contributed significantly to the big screen. The Junior Defenders, Fall Guy: The John Stewart Story, The Blue Sun, and Crammed 2: Hoaching are just a few of the movies and shorts in which he has appeared as an actor.
- Then, in 2002, Frank made an appearance in a “Power Rangers Wild Force” episode. He appeared in “Power Rangers Dino Thunder” two years later.
- He portrayed Tommy Keen in the movie “The Junior Defenders” from 2007. He appeared in a “Power Rangers Super Megaforce” episode seven years later.
- In 2017, he worked on the web series “Transformers: Titans Return” and “Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe.” He made a brief cameo appearance in the movie “Power Rangers” that same year.
- He also has martial arts training. Among the many various martial arts, Jason David Frank is well-versed in are Taekwondo, Shotokan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Jeet Kune Do, Wado-Ryu, Wing Chun, Savate, and Muay Thai.
- He created his own original American karate technique, known as “Toso Kune Do,” by taking parts from each of these techniques.
- He joined SuckerPunch Entertainment, a sports marketing, and management firm, in 2009.
- On January 30, he then competed in his first mixed martial arts match for the United States Amateur Combat Association at the Houston Arena Theatre, where he submitted Jonathon “the Mack Truck” Mack in the opening round.
- Frank faced Chris Rose in his second fight on February 19, 2010. The former won by TKO over the latter in the opening round.
- Frank defeated James Willis in the opening round of the Cage Amateur Association’s “Cage Rage 7” on May 8, 2010, by way of KO.
- The American martial artist competed for the first time as a professional on August 4, 2010, in Houston against Jose Roberto Vasquez.
- By using a rear naked choke submission at 0:46 in the first round against Vasquez, he made his professional MMA debut.
- On May 22, 2010, Frank participated in the Ultimate Warrior Challenge for the first time. He competed in a heavyweight match against Carlos Horn. In this instance, Frank submitted his opponent with an armbar to win the opening round.
(Placed in Guinness World Record)
- Seventh-degree black belt holder Jason David Frank. Additionally, he has a skiving Guinness World Record (for the most pine boards broken during freefall).
- His “Hall of Fame Award” from the American Karate Kung Fu Federation was given to him in 1994.
- Frank received a “Program Direct Award” in 2000 and a “Centurion Club Award” in 2001.
- Frank received the honor of being named “Master of the Year” for American Karate on June 28, 2003. He was admitted to the World Karate Union Hall of Fame that same year.
- He received the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classics Master Appreciation Award in 2005. In 2007, Frank was presented with the “Black Belt Hall of Fame Award” in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- He received the Black Belt Hall of Fame Award from Doctor Jim Thomas that same year for being the “Most Successful Industry Leader.”
Condolences & RIP messages for David Frank
Chris Jon said,
Rest in peace to one of my childhood heroes growing up I’m glad I got the chance to meet you this summer in the A you made me feel like a kid again and you were very kind and humble I wish u didn’t take your own life like that dang man my prayers goes out to his family and kids R.I.P JASON DAVID FRANK – Official Fan Page 1973-2022 Sn: mental health is not a joke if u have any problems with it don’t be afraid to ask for help
I have been a fan of his since 1st grade, and i was so happy I got to meet him last year. I framed the print he signed and it hangs above my desk, it along with the collectibles he signed are prized items and I wish his family the best in this dark time
— Toushiro Tsuki (@KageYukai) November 20, 2022
Jeet laha said,
I don’t know how to feel, but, looks like Jason David Frank committed suicide today. A cultural icon, his role as Tommy Oliver had the same impact as Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and Christopher Reeve as Superman. He will truly be missed.
No official statement from his family yet.
RIP one of my childhood icons😔. Still remember when I first saw him as the green ranger when they were playing reruns of MMPR when I was about 8.
— Enmani (@EnmaniGames) November 20, 2022
O Brian said,
Man, I’m truly heartbroken… RIP to my childhood hero. Praying for his family and friends. Love you JASON DAVID FRANK
I saw a Instagram story from bat in the sun (the company who made the Legend Of The White Dragon film with Jason) What's crazy is they didn't say RIP so we'll have to wait to see happens next. But I definitely feel a deep sadness especially for people who knew him closely pic.twitter.com/koak2s2wKU
— Lvl 32🦈❤❤❤ (@GEORGIOARCADE) November 20, 2022
Chris terry said,
Unbelievable. R.I.P. Jason David Frank. Depression is very real and can hide in plain sight. We need to be better to each other… sometimes a convo is all it takes to save a life
I made the same mistake – I also didn't know it wasn't completely public info until after my original tweet went up.
Very sad day today. Been watching JDF on TV since 3rd grade. https://t.co/PWphpZZPtk
— Geekdom101 (@EmperorBigD) November 20, 2022
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.
Lavanya (Senior Editor) is a full-time content writer with almost 5 years of experience and a part-time teacher. She joined Medico Topics on the Breaking News trainee scheme in 2022 and now works on MedicoTopics.com. As a lifelong learner, She is constantly curious about learning new things and passionate about sharing knowledge with people through her writing and teaching.