A panel for PM security breach appointed
The Supreme Court has ordered the federal government and the Punjab government to continue their investigations.
The breach in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s security in Punjab, which has snowballed into a significant political problem in the run-up to the state elections, will be investigated by a high-level committee chaired by a senior Supreme Court judge.
1. The Supreme Court today directed the BJP-led federal government and the Congress-led Punjab government to continue the investigations they had ordered. The bench of Chief Justice of India N V Ramana and Justices Surya Kant and Hima Kohli further stated that specific directives on the new panel will be given soon.
2. According to the court, the panel might include the DGP Chandigarh, the NIA’s Inspector General, the Registrar General, and the Additional DG of the Intelligence Bureau.
3. Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, blaming the Punjab government for the breakdown, told the court today that there was a “total intelligence failure” and an “obvious violation of the SPG Act.” He said that the state administration had not informed the PM’s security team that demonstrators were on the way.
4. He said that the federal government was forced to set up an inquiry panel because the state government was “defending” the officials involved in the failure.
5. DS Patwalia, the lawyer for the Punjab government, said that the showcase notice to the Punjab chief secretary “premediates and assumes everything against us.” “With only twenty-four hours to respond, I don’t anticipate a fair hearing. An independent investigation is required “‘I informed the court,’ he said.
6. “What remains for this court to do?” Chief Justice Ramana questioned the center if it wishes to take action against state officials. “Please don’t get the wrong idea that we’re not serious about this. It’s concerning the Prime Minister’s safety “The Chief Justice emphasized this. Justice Surya Kant, who was rapping the center, questioned, “Who was it that found the officers guilty? Who has listened to them? You can’t say no to a fair trial.” The center’s request for a response within 24 hours is “not expected,” according to Justice Kohli.
7. The Prime Minister’s convoy was forced to halt for around 20 minutes on a flyover in Bathinda, Punjab after the road was blocked by protesting farmers.
8. Smriti Irani, a Union minister, and BJP leader accused the Congress of a “murderous plan to assassinate the Prime Minister,” blaming the Charanjit Singh Channi administration.
9. Congress retaliated, claiming that the Prime Minister’s trip arrangements had been changed at the last minute. The opposition also accused the BJP of exaggerating the security breakdown to hide the shame of sparse attendance at a rally where the Prime Minister was scheduled to speak.
10. Chief Minister Channi has stated that the Prime Minister is not in danger and that he is willing to die to protect him.
Hopefully, this panel for PM security breach investigation will bring back justice.
Get instant Bollywood news at Medico topics twitter handle
I’m Nawin (Admin), a seasoned doctor and accomplished content writer with 8 years of experience. Join me as I unravel the latest breaking news, unveil behind-the-scenes happenings, and explore the aftermath scenes. With my expertise, I’ve crafted this renowned news site to provide you with an authentic perspective on daily happenings. Get ready to delve into a world of truth and knowledge on Medico Topics.