A highly Injustice concept known as Looping rule is used in Tamilnadu Medical counselling that gives way to deduction of seats from OC category (Instead of deduction in community seats) even after reservation students takes seats from their own category seats.
Looping rule Procedure in Tamilnadu Medical counselling
When ever a student secures a community seat from Top college, If there is still some OC seats available at the bottom college
- A community seat will be lost in Top college
- A cummunity seat will be added to bottom college
- A OC seat will be detucted from that bottom college
Bottom college’s OC seats can be deducted till 10 OC seats remaining, Then next bottom college will be used in looping
10 OC seats will not be taken until,
- The top college OC seats exhausts and student wants community seat
- When the 10 seats limit comes next to that top college
- Again Karur will lose their seats from 10 OC seats to 0 OC seats
Here I have given a sample of scenario that can easily make you understand what is Looping rule that is being implemented in Tamilnadu Medical counselling
1. Before start of counselling
To understand this in better way I choose two top colleges (MMC, SMC) from the medical college rank in Tamilnadu and one bottom most college (Pudukottai). Here I have added the categories and respective seats of each of the three colleges.
2. When state rank 1 attends
Lets consider state rank 1 attends state counselling instead of getting through AIQ. So as obvious he will choose the best college in Tamilnadu. He choose MMC, so the seat will be deducted from OC irrespective of his category.
3. When state rank 57 attends
Lets consider every single one between 1 and 57 attends state counselling without loose. So as obvious everyone will take MMC. When the 57th student slected his seat at MMC, Every seats on OC will be taken out. Now MMC has seats on BC not in OC. No OC students beyond 57 can claim the seats.
4. When state rank 58 attends
When the state rank 58 attends (Consider he also wants MMC and he is a BC student). So when he take BC seats from MMC, as per the Looping rule,
- One BC seat will be deducted from MMC BC category
- Also one BC seat will be added in Pudukottai (means total BC seats will remain unchanged)
- To compensate the loss, One OC seat will be deducted from Pudukottai OC category
5. When state rank 84 attends
Again consider all candidates between 59 and 84 as BC and everyone needs MMC seat (for better understanding of this concept). So whenever a student come to attend, one seat will be lost from Pudukottai OC.
Atlast when 84th student attends the counselling OC seats in Pudukottai will come to a saturation point after this no OC seats will be deducted from Pudukottai even when the upcoming students take BC seats from MMC.
6. When state rank 85 attends
When 85th student attends the counselling (also consider him as BC and he needs MMC), one seat will be deducted from MMC BC and the seat count will come from 24 to 23. As per the Looping rule,
- No seats will be deducted from OC category of bottom colleges beyond 10, until top and bottom college meats.
- So instead of deduction of OC seats from Pudukottai one seat will be deducted from Karur (the next bottom college placed before Pudukottai in College ranks).
- And also One Karur BC seat will be increased to make the total BC seats in a constant manner.
Thus this thing will go on processing until the Karur OC seats attain its saturation of 10 seats. Then the next bottom college will be selected for looping.
Once when seat taking colllege (means top college) come next to looping college (bottom college) and the looping college attains the saturation point of 10 in OC seats, The looping will be reversed to the Pudukottai again. Now all the Pudukottai OC seats will be taken without saturation (from 10 to 0). Then the next college karur will lose seats from 10 to 0. The looping will be done till every OC seats in category A taken out.
Effect of Looping rule in Tamilnadu
- OC cut off for MBBS and BDS will rise into its peak
- Other communities will get even more seats apart from open competition seats
- About 75% of OC seats will be taken by BC students
- OC category seats will be transferred to others and OC General rank will be decreased as much as possible
Looping rule effect on Day 1 Tamilnadu Medical Counselling
1. Number of students joined through category seats
2. Looping effect in between General rank 1 to 361
Tamilnadu Medical Counselling 23-11-2020 report :
No of candidates invited for first day of counselling (23 – 11 – 2020) = GR 361 (631 marks)
No of candidates who joined in Government colleges on 23 – 11 – 2020 = 307
No of candidates who joined in Private colleges on 23 – 11 – 2020 = 1
Total no of students taken seats through Community on day 1 = 136
Actual skippers as they joined via AIQ or to AIIMS, JIPMER…etc = 53
Actual skippers as they joined via AIQ in 2019 = 20 (All students including SC)
33 Leading this year because TN students performed better than last year
As TOI report 205 – 172 = 33 students ( Merciful souls )
Now 53 from 172 they are the sinners
33 + 53 Made a total of 86 Tamilnadu students to occupy seats via State quota
News Analyst and Content manager.