The MMSU (Mariano Marcos State University) community is in mourning, as the news of Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira’s passing has cast a shadow of profound sadness over the institution.
Dr. Guira was more than a mere presence at MMSU; he was a cherished mentor, a dedicated administrator, and a dear friend to many.
As the Director of the MMSU Office of Student Affairs and Services, his work and impact reached far and wide, touching the lives of students, faculty, and staff alike.
Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira’s sudden departure leaves a void that will be deeply felt, but his legacy of service and mentorship will continue to inspire and guide the MMSU community for years to come.
Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira – A Beloved Mentor died
Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira is a respected mentor and administrator at Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU). Dr. Guira’s unexpected death is undoubtedly a loss to the MMSU community.
Dr. Guira’s contributions to the MMSU community, especially as the director of the Office of Student Affairs and Services, must have been invaluable.
His passing is not only a loss to the university but also to the students and colleagues who had the privilege of working with him.
The MMSU community has officially confirmed the news of his passing by sharing the following message on their official Facebook page.
The MMSU community is deeply saddened by the passing of Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira, a valued mentor, administrator, and friend. Sir Jan Rich will be remembered with heartfelt gratitude for advancing student welfare, language education, internationalization, and other initiatives through which he made a positive impact at MMSU. His presence will be profoundly missed. President Shirley C. Agrupis, our faculty and staff, students, and our extended communities express heartfelt condolences to his family during this difficult time. Rest eternally in God’s loving embrace, our beloved Sir Jan Rich.
Who was Jan Rich Guira?
Dr. Jan Rich Abellon Guira is an accomplished educator and administrator with a wealth of experience and expertise in higher education. He served as an Assistant Professor IV and Chief for Student Development at the Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) before passing.
Dr. Guira’s career is marked by several significant achievements and experiences, including:
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant: In 2015, he had the honor of being a Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant at Stanford University in California. During this time, he served as the primary teacher for SpecLang courses in Tagalog, which demonstrates his proficiency in language education.
- PhD in Language (English Language): Dr. Guira holds a Ph.D. in Language with a specialization in English Language from Benguet State University, underscoring his dedication to academic and linguistic excellence.
- Publications: He has authored books in the fields of Art Appreciation and English for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry, showcasing his commitment to scholarly work and the advancement of knowledge.
In his role at MMSU, Dr. Guira has contributed significantly to the institution’s growth and development:
- Director for Student Affairs and Services: Dr. Guira has been designated as the Director for Student Affairs and Services, a role that involves providing essential support and services to students, ensuring their overall development, and fostering a positive learning environment.
- University Committees for Internationalization: He is also a valuable member of the University Committees for Internationalization, which reflects his commitment to globalizing the institution’s education and fostering international relationships.
Throughout his career, Dr. Guira has developed a diverse set of skills, including staff development, training, higher education administration, employee learning and development, leadership, and program development.
His leadership, interpersonal communication, and community development skills have made a significant impact on the educational landscape at MMSU.
Dr. Jan Rich Abellon Guira’s journey in academia and his dedication to student development and internationalization make him a respected and influential figure in the field of higher education.
Cause of death
Guira’s passing is not only a loss to the university but also to the students and colleagues who had the privilege of working with him.
It’s not uncommon for the sudden loss of an esteemed individual like Dr. Jan Rich A. Guira to deeply affect the university community. It’s a time for mourning, reflection, and remembering the positive impact he had on the lives of those he worked with.
Based on certain online reports, there is speculation that Dr. Jan Rich Abellon Guira may have passed away due to an illness. However, it’s important to note that his family has not officially confirmed the cause of his death.
In these sensitive circumstances, it is crucial to exercise patience and await an official announcement for accurate information. Furthermore, it’s essential to respect the privacy of Dr. Guira’s family during this difficult time.
Messages of condolence shared by individuals in memory of Dr. Jan Rich Abellon Guira:
- John Michael Antonio Cua posted, “Rest in peace, Sir Jan Rich. We appreciate and treasure everything you have taught us. We will always be grateful for your guidance and kindness to us, sir.”
- Jonathan Pascual Bangquil shared, “Gone too soon Doc Jan Rich. I will take time to remember and cherish those times with you and find comfort in knowing that your spirit will remain with me. Rest in peace, my Best Friend.”
- Dear Sir Jan Rich received heartfelt words from a former student: “I will be forever grateful because I was one of your students and with that, I got to know you personally, shared some good memories, and laughed together. You’re one of those who believed that we could make it back then. Thank you, sir, for your unconditional support and motivation for all of us. You will forever be my favorite Panelist and Adviser ❤️🥺.”
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.
Lavanya (Senior Editor) is a full-time content writer with almost 5 years of experience and a part-time teacher. She joined Medico Topics on the Breaking News trainee scheme in 2022 and now works on MedicoTopics.com. As a lifelong learner, She is constantly curious about learning new things and passionate about sharing knowledge with people through her writing and teaching.